Cerebral Palsy News and Discussion Forum



Government Grants for Disabled Veterans

Government Grants for Disabled Veterans By Eric Morris



The United States troops are the heart and soul of the nation.

 The United States troops are the heart and soul of the nation. They deserve our respect and gratitude because of their endless efforts to protect the American way of living and uphold freedom. Unfortunately, being a soldier exposes you to so many dangers. Thousands of soldiers have lost limbs in battle and were sent home because they can no longer serve the armed forces. These circumstances may cause serious trauma and can hinder these soldiers from getting back on their feet. Fortunately, disabled veterans draw a lot of support and attention from the US government. Because of this, the government designed grants especially for disabled veterans. One of them is the housing grant for veterans.

Housing grants

The problem with some war veterans is that once they are back home, they do not have their own place to live in. This can be a huge burden, especially for those who are disabled. Fortunately, the government can offer them a housing grant.

There are a number of requirements needed in order to get a government housing grant. They are:

? Has served within any branch of the armed forces of the United States on or after September 16, 1940.

? A valid social security number

? A certified American citizen

You may go to the regional office of the Department of Veteran Affairs to apply for this grant. There will be no need to fill out any application form for each applicant will be attended to properly right away. Now, if ever you are denied of this grant, you may still be able to file an appeal. It is recommended that you file this appeal once you are informed of the denial of application.

Aside from the government, there are also different non-profit organizations that aim to help the housing of war veterans that are recognized by the state.


Article Provided by Federal Government Grant